Thursday, July 26, 2012

Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge


I'm having a hard time catching up with time since I came home from Joan's and CHA.  It is already Thursday and time for a new weekly challenge at Joan's Gardens.  I created this card while I was at Joan's house.  She has so many new products in stock that were very fun to "play" with. 

The challenge this week is:
Make a birthday card
Use black and pink with some green
Use leaves 
Have a pattern design paper for your background


I used the new Spellbinders new "Cut-Fold-Tuck" Shapeabilities on this card.  I remember the old days when you had to use a pattern and craft knife to create this type of design.  Now all you do is die cut then fold back each of the petals and tuck.  It is so easy.  You can use two sided paper or do as I did -- I sponged the back of the die cut with a darker green so the folded back sections would stand out when folded back and tucked in.  I know you will have fun with this new die set.  The rose is one I created for the ladies attending the Friday get-together at Joan's.  The pretty green leaves were die cut using the new Memory Box "Cottage Leaf".  They were die cut using two different shades of green card stock.  I'm sorry, but I don't remember which design paper I used.  The pretty little leaves around the rose are the Marianne (LR0156);  I think you must know I love these leaves since I use them so much.  The sentiment is from a new JustRite set that I did not bring home and don't remember the name.  The butterflies are one of the Cheery Lynn Mini Butterflies. Kaiser Craft pearls were added to complete the card.

I hope you will join us this week in our challenge.  

All the products I used can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.
Spellbinders "Cut-Fold-Tuck" Shapeabilities (S5-113)
Memory Box "Cottage Leaf" (98342)
Marianne Leaves (LR0156)
Cheery Lynn Mini Butterflies (DL112)
JustRite "Royal Antique Label I" (CL-03840) sentiment & frame
Kaiser Craft Pearls

665253

4 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

You already know how much I loved this card. Beautiful! But even more fun being involved with you creating it!
Joan
www.atjoasgardens.com

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh this is so beautiful....have just spotted it on Joan's blog so came straight across to see it and how you created it Selma. Lucky Joan being involved with you making it too.

Love Sheila xx

Bette said...

Selma!

This card is gorgeous - the intricate details and color combination are beautiful. Thank You for sharing your beautiful talent with all of us.

April said...

Very pretty as always! Love the medallion!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails